Family Events


Make your own Countdown Clocks


Make your own Countdown Clocks

Twilight Obsession

I have become obessed with this series...it is so well written and Stephanie Meyers is able to take your imagination to new levels, would definately recommend it...:) twilight Pictures, Images and Photos new moon Pictures, Images and Photos new moon Pictures, Images and Photos Twilight Pictures, Images and Photos twilight Pictures, Images and Photos

Family

primitive marriage Pictures, Images and Photos toddler laws Pictures, Images and Photos

Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Testimony


I was raised Southern Baptist, and was a staunch Southern Baptist until I turn 25. Then a major event occurred in my life. My Mom's dad died. He was such an inspiration to me. I was never happy with the answer that the pastor gave me about dying and never having the same relationship with him ever again. I kept thinking surely God was not that mean. So I began my quest to find the answers to my desire of families being forever. I searched the Jewish faith, Catholic, Methodist, and so forth. Finally, I decided to check out these Mormons. I had a friend who was Mormon, and I really watched her a lot, and I was always impressed with her calmness and faith. So instead of asking her about it, I went to the Yellow Pages, I mean how hard could it be to get a hold of a church. Well, folks..it was hard. I called for weeks never could get an answer. Finally one day, I literally fell to my knees and cried. I knew I was done looking for the church. I promptly informed God he was going to have to bring the church to me, which ever one I was suppose to go, I was done. Would you believe about 3 hours later, I recieved a call from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, except they were looking for my brother (who by the way had not lived with me for 2 years). I said hey, I have been trying to get a hold of you guys. The guy on the other end was amazed I really was interested. I said of course I am. He said that if I had not accepted an invitation to have the missionaries come over, he was going to end his mission and go home. I was like, oh don't do that, he let me know that he was not going to do that now. About 2 weeks later, I started my discussions Elder Stewart started my discussions, his new companion was coming on the next discussion. I shared with him the above story. It was an amazing visit. The next week, I met his new companion, Elder Moe. Elder Stewart encouraged me to share my story with Elder Moe, he was smiling the entire time. We soon realized that Elder Moe was the Missionary I spoke wtih on the phone. I went on to have such a strong bond with my elders, I was baptized and the rest is history to speak. It was not until years later that I realized that the Elders were not supposed to teach a single sister, but they said the spirit was so strong, they petitioned the Mission President. I was baptized into the church on April 21, 1996. One year almost to the date my grandfather had died. I have never regreted my decision. The only thing I keep searching for is for Tequila, I know that someday I will find it in the Book of Mormon...Joking...

No comments: